Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Niecy Nash-Betts and Jessica Betts hit up the #TamronHall show to talk about making history as the 1st same-sex couple to land the cover of Essence magazine. ....... ASUU iMessage Morgan Freeman Ngige Brad Pitt Lil Kim Kanye Tems Julius Berger #DearBella Victony Buhari HAPPY BIRTHDAY GROOVYMONO Congratulations Mo Joeboy Pusha T Oshodi Meek SHEGGZ OLU

 Niecy Nash-Betts and Jessica Betts were on the #TamronHall show  to discuss their historic status as the first same-sex pair to grace the cover of Essence magazine.
The Emmy-winning actress, who plays in ABC's "The Rookie: Feds," discussed the significance of adding Jessica's surname into her own, as well as her candid dialogue with daughter Dia about how she identifies.



 
 “My daughter was like ‘How do you identify?’ And I said, ‘Huh?’ And she said, ‘Well, how do you identify?’ And I said ‘As Black and your momma.’ She was like ‘No, you gotta know. You gotta know, mom.’ And she made me watch a show all about, all the labels and all the names, and after it was over, my head was spinning. And she was like ‘Okay, so which one are you?’ And I was like ‘Girl, I’m more confused now than I was before this.’ I don’t know. I said, ‘If I have to coin it in the moment, I would say I’m Jess-sexual.’ Because I don’t know, I’ve never looked at anyone, male or female, and seen them the way I see her. So I don’t know, but right now I know I’m happy.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments