Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Da Brat and her wife Jesseca 'Judy' Harris-Dupart expecting their first child together

  The 48-year-old rapper - who is married to wife Jesseca 'Judy' Harris-Dupart, 41,  shared her pregnancy news with People, where she discussed her IVF journey and heartbreaking miscarriage for the first time.

 

Da Brat - real name Shawntae Harris-Dupart said: 'I never thought I was going to have kids. I just thought it wasn't in the cards for me. I've had a great career, a full life. I felt like, because I didn't get pregnant earlier on, then it just wasn't going to happen for me.After she met Harris-Dupart, who is a mom of three - her outlook changed, and she said: 'I started looking at life so differently. I was like, I want a little me with you. 

 



 

Something special from the both of us that we can share and raise and love unconditionally.'Da Brat, who is now 18 weeks pregnant is using Harris-Dupart's eggs and an anonymous sperm donor - who she branded 'an eager entrepreneur' to conceive.The rapper had to undergo surgery to remove fibroids and polyps before the embryo transfer, while Harris-Dupart had suffered 'major' health complications during her egg retrieval.Da Brat also revealed she'd had a devastating miscarriage, saying: "I had never been so excited about something that I didn't even know I wanted. 

 

I fell in love with the idea and then it was all snatched away from me. Luckily we still had quite a few of her eggs left.''The musician said she is feeling 'excited and exhausted' in her second trimester, adding she doesn't have any cravings or nausea yet.Da Brat and Dupart-Harris made their relationship public in March 2021 when the celebrated rapper came out as a lesbian in her mid-40s.Da Brat admitted she used to be terrified of Dupart seeing her 'imperfections' at the start of the relationship.'At first, I would hide behind furniture when she would talk to me,' the Chicago native said. 'I would cover up my face when I laughed.'

Post a Comment

0 Comments