Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Ben Affleck Divorce: A Bold Embrace of Singlehood



For the first time, Jennifer Lopez has candidly opened up about her split from Ben Affleck, and her revelations are nothing short of scandalous! 

 

In a heart-to-heart with *Interview* magazine, the 55-year-old superstar shared why she’s “excited” to embrace life as a single woman, two years after her whirlwind Vegas wedding to Affleck. Lopez, who has navigated the ups and downs of fame, relationships, and love, questioned what it truly means to be “free,” wondering aloud, “What if I’m just flying on my own?”

In a brutally honest moment, J.Lo admitted that stepping into this “new territory” feels “lonely, unfamiliar, scary,” and even “desperate,” but she firmly stated that “being in a relationship doesn’t define” her. The Grammy nominee reflected on how she’s learning to find joy within herself, realizing that she can’t rely on others for happiness. In her own words, “I have to have happiness within myself.”

Though Lopez acknowledged her love for romance and desire to grow old with someone, she took a swipe at her former self, calling her past relationship mindset “dumb” and even labeling her younger self a “motherf–ker” for thinking she needed a partner to feel complete. Now, J.Lo believes the most important relationship is the one she has with herself, a lesson she feels she lost sight of in the past.

But here’s the burning question: Is this fierce new independence the ultimate power move, or will love come knocking again for the always-romantic J.Lo? Can she truly redefine happiness on her own terms?


“Everything that I’ve done over the past 25, 30 years, being in these different challenging situations, what can I f–king do when it’s just me flying on my own … what if I’m just free?” she asked.

While admitting to Nikki Glaser that the “new territory” is “lonely, unfamiliar, scary,” “sad” and “desperate,” the Grammy nominee emphasized that “being in a relationship doesn’t define” her.

Jennifer Lopez gets honest about Ben Affleck divorce
Jennifer Lopez gets honest about Ben Affleck divorce

“When you sit in those feelings and go, ‘These things are not going to kill me,’ it’s like, ‘Actually, I am capable of joy and happiness all by myself,’” she noted.

“I can’t be looking for happiness in other people,” she continued. “I have to have happiness within myself.”

Lopez acknowledged that she is a “romantic” who “love[s] being in relationships and want[s] to grow old with somebody.”

However, she said, “We think, ‘I have to have that to be whole and happy.’ And you don’t.”


The actress was previously married to Ojani Noa, Cris Judd and Marc Anthony before eloping with Affleck in Las Vegas in July 2022.

Jennifer Lopez gets honest about Ben Affleck divorce

She “lovingly” called her past self a “dumb bitch” and a “motherf–ker” for wanting a partner.

Lopez now believes her relationship with herself is the “most important thing,” adding, “I think we tend to get away from [that] at times, when you’re wrapped up with other people.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments